- Medico-Legal Reports (Third Party claims, PRASA, RAF, Medical negligence, etc.)
- Loss of Income Reports (due to permanent / temporary loss of work capacity)
- Spousal and/or dependent(s) loss of support claims
- The Industrial Psychologist’s part in 3rd party claims is to evaluate the effects of an accident/injury/event and its sequelae on the employability and earning potential of the claimant.
- Comment and suggestions relating to employability are based on the claimant’s level of education and work experience, assessment results, medical and medico-legal reports available, the labour market, and particular circumstances such as workplace feedback.
- Medico-legal reports are perused to ascertain the claimant’s ability to reach his/her projected pre-accident career path and subsequent earning potential.
- Consideration is given to loss of work capacity to, for example, work in a specific field of work, loss of promotional opportunities, delayed career growth or delayed entry into the open labour market in the event of a minor, and/or early retirement.
- Comment is made on future anticipated loss of income, based on the difference between the claimants' likely post-accident career progression and earning potential in comparison to their postulated pre-accident career progression and earning potential.
- Reference is also made to further treatment needed.